
This picture was taken a year ago.

These pictures were taken last week before her surgery.

Many of you know that Kiela has not been doing very well. About a week ago I found out that she has cancer on her left kidney. After many emotional ups and down we were able to do enough extra x-rays, CT scans, and ultra sounds to determine that her lungs and other organs are not being effected. So Wednesday I took her in for surgery. They removed her left kidney. These last 2 years have been very hard for me. I have watched how my once full of life puppy turn into a mature mellow dog to nearly withering away in front of my eyes. Kiela is now 11 years old so that means she is about 77 human years old. Kiela is the best dog ever! I bought Kiela right after I graduated from high school and have been in love with her from the first moment I saw her. Kiela has been through many major events in my life. I am struggling with the reality of how much more time may be left with her. I will be devastaed when Kiela passes and would do anything too keep her here with me as long as possible. The surgey went well and now we are in for a long recovery. I just pray that I will be given a few more months or years with Kiela. I find it very sad that Tatum may never be given the chance to know and love Kiela. I know Kiela still has alot of fight left in her so I hope she comes through this.
HOME TO RECOVER




4 comments:
WE LOVE KIELA!!! yes even Jeromy(they have worked things out)WOW, it's crazy to think that Kiela started all of this dog stuff for us. Two dogs for Jeromy and my family (her little brother and sister) and 17 puppies latter, with 17 happy family's all because Kiela really is such a good dog.
Heck, even dad wanted more of a relationship with Kiela then he did with the two of us.
We love you Aunti and Kiela
Poor Kiela!! she will be ok! Her poor belly looks painfull. Kiela is such a good dog! Hang in there Dani, she'll be fine.
Good luck, I definitely feel for you. I love my dog like he is a part of me, one of my kids, plus 11 years is such a long relationship! I hope she makes a full recovery!
Hey Danielle! I am sooo glad you left a comment! I can't believe its you! Just the other day I was thinking about you and Shantelle and your family! I drove by your old house and was thinking what are they all up to and then I get a message from you! That always happens to me when I think of people I haven't seen in a long time. I need to do that more often! You have such a cute family! I do hope all is going well with you. I think you live in Draper? I am over there all the time since my in laws live there. I can't believe your sis lives in my mission state! I served in Portland and miss it sooo much. I hope you go visit her because its such a fun place. So beautiful. Well I hope all is going well for you! thanks for saying hi!
Post a Comment